Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer

Dealing With Nursing Home Abuse

Have you or a loved one experienced nursing home abuse? If you have, you need to obtain legal counsel to help remedy the situation and get compensated for the loss or psychological damage. We will help you sort through the process and provide tips on where to get the best help.

First, remove yourself or your loved one from the situation. State agencies may re-train, terminate or prosecute the perpetrator for misconduct, but stopping the abuse isn’t the only step. You need to ensure the person’s future safety, continual short- and long-term treatment, and any compensation for financial loss due to the abuse. Just because the abuse is over, it doesn’t mean that they won’t abuse someone else or that the effects will go away.

The staff at the nursing home could try to compensate monetarily for the incident, or they could ask that you sign a document to release the center from taking responsibility. They will try to close the case as quickly as possible. The home may even try to charge for the extra services resulting from treating the abuse. They could try to interfere with relocation efforts too. Most homes will hire lawyers to advise them; you will need good legal counsel as well. You need to go in prepared.

If you hire a lawyer who specializes in nursing home abuse cases, a court hearing is not always the end result. Often, if the attorney has experience in abuse cases, he or she could negotiate a settlement without a trial. That’ll probably be much smoother and quicker than going to court. Most issues, such as bedsores or other obvious abuse, can be resolved outside of court, and you could decide on the damages and compensation. Either way, you need to obtain legal counsel quickly so you can receive the appropriate compensation in the matter. Make sure to discuss all these matters with the lawyer.

Don't Delay

The statute of limitations—the period following an injury during which you could file a lawsuit—will vary depending on the injury (physical, mental, emotional, neglect or financial) and the location of the incident. It is best to work with a lawyer who lives in the same state, and ideally the same metro area, as the nursing home center. Both the federal and state regulations will affect your legal process and how much you can receive in compensation.

That is why it is crucial to hire a lawyer who specializes in nursing home abuse cases. Look for someone with experience in the center’s location or region and who knows about the various aspects of the case, such as the medical, emotional, financial and social issues. The lawyer will also consult with experts, such as doctors, administrators, therapists and others, to review and testify regarding the service. These experts will provide into the industry’s standards and other regulations. Their expert opinion would be vital if the case turns into a medical malpractice lawsuit. If you believe that your loved one’s death was affected by abuse or any neglect, the attorney can help you decide whether to file a wrongful death suit or not.

How to Get Help

To deal with nursing home abuse, we recommend consulting with our talented attorneys. Wiselaws is an experienced company that conducts cases nationally. Call Wiselaws at 1-855-633-6259. They provide professional services and can help you choose the best route in handling the abuse case.

You could also fill out the form to the right for a free evaluation. In addition, contact us at for additional assistance or other questions.

Contact Us


Your name:

Email address: